Thursday 27 January 2011

I am tired of this government…… (Part 1)

I never really understood why 40 years of a Congress government was not sufficient for the country to determine its incompetence. Frankly, my patience is already beginning to wear thin. So I have decided to do something about it. Every time something that this government does irritates me, I will write about it under the same heading. I hope to combine this series into a final post near the next general election, detailing reasons not to vote for the UPA (Congress). One of the advantages of a democracy, huh!

Well this particular post is dedicated to the standard UPA response by Abhishek Manu Singhvi (an apology of a man) – "why did the previous government not address the problem". This is almost always the standard answer – whether the question is the failing CBI, unabated inflation or the absconding black money. It really is a hilarious response. First of all, the response can be easily turned around and posed as a question to the very party/government that he speaks for. They have been "in power" for quite a long time. Why were the issues not addressed earlier?

Even if I don't stoop so low, I can easily shatter this ridiculous response to pieces. Wake up sweetheart! Over 50 per cent of the country voted for you (I hope they did actually vote!!) with the hope and confidence that you would correct the situation. Obviously, such a response goes to say that the UPA does not think itself up to the task, and it really would have been better if someone else would do the needful. All Abhishek Manu Singhvi can look to, unfortunately, is the previous government!!

Watch out for this space…

No comments:

Post a Comment